Steel Framing in the Gauges and Lengths that Fit Your Needs
The wide in-stock selection of steel framing and accessories you’ll find at Capitol Interior Products is one of the best in the marketplace. Our steel comes in a full range of lengths and sizes, and includes heavy gauge steel, light gauge steel, and shaft wall separation. We are also happy to cut your steel to your exact specifications.
- Heavy gauge steel studs, track and joists – designed for use in curtain wall and load bearing applications, manufactured in 20 gauge to 16 gauge with flange/leg sizes ranging from 1 ¼ inch to 3 inches
- Light gauge steel studs and track – designed for use in interior non-load bearing applications, manufactured in thicknesses from 15 to 33 mils
- Shaft wall studs, track and jamb struts – created as rigid high performance products to maintain shaft wall integrity, manufactured in 25 gauge, 20 gauge and 18 gauge
- Special orders – special order metal framing items are available upon request and delivered with prompt lead-time
All of our products utilize mill-certified galvanized steel, and we always stay mindful of our customers’ need for an economic solution. We work hard to give you the high quality steel you need to attach drywall to internal and non-load bearing partitions, bulkheads, stairwells, corridor ceilings, and fire and acoustic rated walls.
Our steel framing brands are world-class.
Capitol Interior Products is pleased to offer complete manufacturer support for all engineering and technical aspects of our steel framing and accessories. We work with top-rated manufacturers, including:
- Flex-Ability Concepts
- Gooding and Associates
- MBA Metal Framing
- Philips Manufacturing
- Radius Track
- The Steel Network
- Super Stud
- Niles Building Products
When you place an order with us, our skilled delivery team will bring it to your jobsite and place it exactly where you need it (stock-and-scatter service). Customers may also place orders for pickup at one of our local yards.
We also stock a broad selection of steel accessories.
Part of our commitment to excellent customer service means providing customers with a wide range of steel accessories for their commercial or residential construction projects. Some of our accessories include:
- Furring/hat channel – available in multiple sizes and gauges
- Steel clips – available in 16 gauge, 14 gauge and 12 gauge
- Cold rolled channel – available in multiple gauges
- Security mesh – available as heavy gauge mesh
- Flat straps – available in multiple widths and gauges
- Fire track – available in multiple sizes
- Flex track – available in multiple widths and gauges
- Angles/LFR/Shinny 90 – available in multiple sizes and gauges
- RC/resilient channel – available pre-punched with a ½” depth
- Low wall/knee wall support – available for multiple wall heights and widths
- Slotted track – available in 25 gauge to 14 gauge
- Metal lath – available in different types (expanded, flat, hi rib, etc.)
We recognize that steel framing is now one of the most popular alternative building materials for all types of construction, so we make sure we have everything you need to properly install and finish your metal framing and track.